Friday, May 20, 2011

Bali Restaurants - places worth going to - Western food

GROCER & GRIND



Address: Jl. Kayu Jati 3x Petitenget Beach Denpasar Bali
Tel:  +62 361 730481, 737321 or Call Marie +62 81 735 4106
http://www.grocerandgrind.com/




This cute bistro we went to for lunch as we both were craving for some paninis or sandwiches.
The place has a very laid back decor and it is surrounded by foreigners. There were tons of visitors like us, and also expats with their Macbooks sipping on coffee. Although I like the relaxed and stylish interior, I thought the service was just mediocre. There were tons of people working behind the counter but they needed more attentive waiters to get our order and our check. I would like to come back one day though to try their other dishes.


Roasted chicken, camembert, mango chutney & mixed lettuce -
My bf ordered this and it was a very tasty sandwich, I wished I ordered this instead of my BLT.







Italian blt – bacon, avocado, tomato, camembert & cos lettuce w/ mayonnaise - Thought the BLT portions were a bit too big for me, I really got tired of the huge slaps of bacon after eating half of my sandwich. I liked the cheese a lot though.




Chicken , jalapeno, lime coriander quesidella w/ sour cream-
Best out of the three dishes!  I really enjoyed the perfect caramelized onions that are smacked between the juicy chicken and citrusy lime. My bf and i liked this dish so much that he replicated this when he went back to Tokyo.






My ratings:
Food 3.5
Service 3
Value 3.5
Atmosphere 3.5








THE JUNCTION
Address: corner of Oberoi Jl. Kayu Aya Oberoi, Seminyak
Tel: +62 361 735 610
Opening hours from 11.00 till midnight everyday..


http://www.the-junction-bali.com/

My bf and I had passed by this cool contemporary restaurant every time we left our hotel and was attracted to their white washed, funky and modern exterior. I love white buildings and decors, and we just had to check out this place for lunch after looking at their menu online. There is big open spaces when you enter, and I kind of feel like I was in a library where shelves are full of books on the side, but instead here at this restaurant they are full of jars that contained all sorts of spices and ingredients. They have an extensive variety of international foods to choose from - sandwiches, pasta, smoothies, crepes, and wraps... and of course their wide selection of Asian stables (Nasi Goreng etc). I wanted to try everythingggg!


Overall, I enjoyed the food and would like to come back to try their other dishes on another sunday afternoon the next time I go back to Bali for a visit!








Chicken shrimp coriander and carrot wrapped in rice paper roll:
When we ordered this dish,we didn't expect it to be a warm dish. From reading the name on the menu, I don`t know why it reminded of spring rolls! We also thought the dipping sauce would be on the side instead of being on the plate. This dish is a vietnamese style spring rolls with a twist. Thought it was rather clever of them to do that, it was actually quite tasty! I slightly feel that transformation made this dish to a more an entree instead of an appetizer.




Ham & Cheese Crepe:



Vietnamese style sandwich:

My ratings:
Food 4
Service 4
Value 4.5
Atmosphere 4

No comments:

Post a Comment