Saturday, January 8, 2011

I love NY Restaurants!

As a foodie who lived in HK, Tokyo, Vancouver, Victoria, and Montreal.. I must say that NY is a city that has tons of yummy restaurants. I love American food - burgers, bagels, fries, meatballs, pizzas, mac&cheese... I love them all! Spent a full 6days in NY with my bf and since he lived in NY before, he took me to many great places that I would love to go back for a visit again!


BURGERS:
CORNER BISTRO




  • Cheese Burger with Fries- The best burger I've ever had! This place is apparently very popular as there was a huge line up even though we went during the weekday. To avoid waiting, we sat at the bar and the burgers came literally 5mins after we've ordered. The medium rare meat was thick and very juicy, so juicy that you see blood from the meat dripping out of the burger.
Address: 331 W 4th St,
New York, NY 10014 at the corner ofJane and West 4TH
Tel: (212) 242-9502
http://cornerbistrony.com/




DINER: 
EISENBERG'S SANDWICH SHOP


  • Bacon, Egg, and Cheese on the Roll- this is one of New yorker's famous fav breakfast of all time. Absolutely the perfect breakfast.
  • Corned Beef Hash- i love loveeee this dish, the corned beef and hash was cooked perfectly
Address: 174 Fifth Avenue (between 22nd & 23rd Street). New York, NY 10010
Tel: (212) 675-5096
www.eisenbergsnyc.com




FUSION:
MOMOFUKU SSAM BAR





  • Honeycrisp apple kimchi with maple caramelized bacon- my fav dish out of the 3 dishes we had at Momofuku! The kimchi didn't over power the apple, and it's refreshing to have the crunchy taste coming from the apple. The bacons actually brought out the taste of the apples really well.




  • Crispy Pork with Avocado on a bun- this is delicious, reminds me of eating Peking duck with an american twist to it.


  • Spicy pork sausage & rice cakes with chinese broccoli, crispy shallots- this is a tasty dish, I really liked the spicy pork sausages but not so sure about the rice cakes. The rice cakes were really chewy and it got pretty tiring to eat after a while.



  • Santa Babara uni with lomo, preserved tomatoes, asian pear - Uni was really fresh but the yellow sauce and lomo really overpowered the favor of the uni. 

Address: 207 Second Avenue, New York, NY
Tel: (212) 777-7773 

http://www.momofuku.com/ssam-bar/






VIETNAMESE:
BAO NOODLES

  • Roasted Pork Bahn Mi - this is my 2nd fav dish in NY! The pork is marinated with lemon grass and tasted sooooooo good with the pickles!

  • Lemon Grass Chicken with Veggies 
  • Pho Noodles (Raw Beef)
Address: 391 2nd Avenue
Tel: (212) 725-7770


BAKERY & SANDWICH SHOP:
Bagel & Schmear



  • Bagel with jalapeno cream cheese - NY Bagels is incomparable to any bagels I had back in Asia. I love the chewy texture and the cream cheese is just delicious!! I can eat this as breakfast every single day if I could!
  • Honey mustard tuna sandwich




Address: 116 E 28TH St  New YorkNY 10016

Tel: (212) 725-7873


MEATBALLS:
THE MEATBALL SHOP




  • Spicy Pork with Spicy Meat Sauce and mozzarella Sandwich - I loveee meatballs and would def come back to this restaurant again! The spicy pork was very meaty and even though we ordered take out, the bread was not soggy -  I would have loved it more if there was more meat sauce though.


Address: 84 Stanton Street. New York. NY 10002
Tel: (212) 982-8895
www.themeatballshop.com




CUPCAKES:
MAGNOLIA BAKERY





  • Chocolate cupcakes - there was humongous queue in order to purchase these popular cupcakes and I must say, these cupcakes are just ok. They are a little sweet for my taste, certainly can only have one of these at a time. Not sure if I would be willing to line up again next time.



Address: 401 Bleecker Street New York, NY 10014 
Tel: (212) 462-2572
http://www.magnoliabakery.com/home.php






AMERICAN:
THE BRESLIN






  • Oven baked 3 cheese sandwich with house smoked ham and egg -A bit too fried and cheesy for breakfast, it was too filling for me

  • Chargrilled skirt steak with green sauce and fried eggs - This steak was perfectly cooked, and the green sauce tasted like green salsa which is is really yummy with the meat
  • Beans in pork fat - Very tasty and rich in flavor 

Address: Ace Hotel, 20 W 29th St, New York, NY 10001, USA
Tel: (212) 679-1939
http://www.thebreslin.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment